Fertility/Maternity Yoga Teacher
I have practised yoga since I started at university over 15 years ago. An interesting hobby soon became a life-changing passion and I have been teaching yoga since 2007. Until the birth of my children I held a corporate career in tandem, but subsequently to experiencing how yoga and yoga nidra (a profound technique for meditative relaxation) had supported my whole journey and helped me achieve optimal health and fertility, I decided to dedicate my life to teaching.
I went on to take further specialised teacher trainings in different areas of well-woman yoga, many of which I am privileged to have been taught by the leading authority in Yoga and women’s health Uma Dinsmore-Tuli PhD. The therapeutic applications have a special place in my heart and the Womb yoga techniques I practice have changed my life; I endured excruciating endometriosis since my teenage years and I’ve now reduced the pain and inflammation by 95%.
Yoga for fertility is not simply a physical practice; most of the benefits come from the quieter techniques involving energy work and training our minds and bodies to truly relax, finding stillness and balance. My teachings are based in ancient Indian philosophies dating back thousands of years and all of my teachers have had this knowledge passed down through authentic lineages. I teach group classes, 1:1 or 1:2 couples and workshops. Yoga for fertility is accessible for everyone and compliments both natural and western medical treatments.
I have completed over 650 hours of Teacher Training and in addition attended many retreats and weekends, such as Womb Wisdom with Alexandra Pope, as part of my own personal growth and development. The most relevant qualifications are listed here:
- FRYOG Yoga Teaching Dip ~ 2 year / 200hr Yoga Alliance RYS certified / REPs & IYN accredited
- Reiki Level 1 ~ (Indian Qualification)
- Fitness Instructor ~ REPs Level 2
- Personal Trainer ~ REPs Level 3 (Including REPs Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology)
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training ~ IYN accredited
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training ~ IYN accredited
- Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training ~ IYN accredited
- Womb Yoga (Well-Woman Yoga Therapy) Teacher Training
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Training: Distinction ~ Yoga Alliance accredited
CPD (1 – 5 day) Workshops
- Yin & Restorative Yoga ~ The Yoga Academy with Simon Low (3)
- Yoga Therapy: The Science of Better Sleep (2)
- Yoga Nidra for Pain and Yoga Nidra for Better Sleep (2)
- Womb Yoga for Menstrual Health (1)
- Healing the Body with Movement Patterns: Yoga / Physiotherapy (5)
- Fertility and Menstrual Health (1)
- Yoga for Labour and Birth (1)
- Up to date 1st Aid and Insurance