Fertility and Abdominal Massage
Fertility and Abdominal Massage is used to help support reproductive health, digestive health, the menstrual cycle and your fertility.
- May help to reposition a misaligned uterus such as retroverted (tipped back towards the spine)
- Enhances hormonal balance throughout the menstrual cycle
- May help to break up scar tissue following laparoscopy or other pelvic investigations such as the removal of the appendix
- Increases fresh blood to the uterus and decreases brown spotting.
- Helps to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Increases blood to the uterus and cervix
- Helps eliminate feces from the colon
- Helps break down impacted feces from the colon
- Helps to increase the flexibility of the interconnecting tissues between the organs to allow a good blood supply to the uterus.
What happens during a treatment?
Prior to your first appointment, a detailed consultation form will be emailed to you. There are lots of questions including both physical and emotional symptoms. The holistic approach is essential to gain a greater understanding of both your mind and body. We work together at getting the two to communicate.
Many of our clients have been to their GPs, had various tests, and still have no definitive diagnosis; this is why we like to ask more questions and hear what you actually have to say. Please bring any blood tests and scan results with you on your first appointment as these are always helpful to review.
You may be coming for fertility issues, but we still need to know about your gut, as both ascending and descending colon are either side of the womb and the rectum is directly behind! A healthy gut is essential for fertility health. Digestion is key.
Your first treatment will be a gentle and relatively deep massage – we need to gauge your body’s response. Some will leave the table feeling very relaxed and some a little emotional, but both are positive signs.
Please wear comfy clothes 🙂
Generally, a colon massage can be performed at any time, however, a womb massage has some restrictions:
Just before or during a bleed
If you have a coil fitted
If you are in your first trimester of pregnancy
Any recent abdominal surgery
If you have an infection or high temperature
Contact us today to discuss how fertility massage can help you.